The Legendary Purple Death - and it's real!


Sapich Brothers Wines in Henderson Auckland NZ many years ago produced a deadly purple brew aptly names Purple Death. It's a liqueor and it's absolutely legendary for not only it's powerful kick, but for the label that comes on the bottle. I figured that by now the old favourite would have died a quiet death. Not good old Purple Death. Read the label very carefully - believe me it's absolutely genuine. Good old Sapich Brothers for keeping the legend alive.

Comments

  1. yes I remember it, I never tried it though, from what I heard it was pretty lethal. Guess that's why it was called Purple Death...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beleive me Amy don't even try it. I had to post Purple Death...I love that label.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's brilliant but..Bridget it's lethal and very very genuine. I'll have to get a bottle and take it with me when I go to visit Rae in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete
  4. My god I remember this
    It was like $12 when I used to drink it
    I thought it was deliscious
    tried it at current price I was like it does taste like horse shit what the hell was I ever thinking

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Mums partner pines for this as he dribbles it on ice cream? I think this is something his family did way back in the day. I have had to courier it to him afew times a year..Tha k god its still in production haha he would be very sad otherwise. It's made an old man happy even.if just for the memories. Never tried it myself as I'm too scared. Good for Sapich though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had some from circa 1988 tonight. Having lovingly carted this around the world for more than 30 years, I finally opened it to a pleasant surprise.
    Do they still make it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts