Asian Short Clawed Otters at Auckland Zoo (Photo Essay)










I really enjoyed photographing these little guys. They had so much personality, not to mention being very vocal as well. This is a group of Asian Short Clawed otters resident at Auckland Zoo. These otters are the smallest of the otter family. They are currently listed on the IUCN Red List as vunerable. Pollution and habitat destruction have reduced the otter's range and population. Auckland Zoo currently has two different otter families in their collection. They are just amazing to watch. Hope you like the photos as much as I enjoyed taking them.

Comments

  1. Those otters are so cute! I've never seen anything like their little feet. How very odd. Thanks so much for your pictures, Liz. I'll probably never get to New Zealand, but here I am in Oklahoma, USA, going around thinking about the critters you write about on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danni aww you are so right there. I think they are just amazing to watch and talk about noisy! Also very photogenic. Loved taking the photos of these little guys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts